Living in a hurricane-affected region, impact windows are the best option to ensure safety and protection. Weak, ineffective windows can mean the difference between preserving family safety and possessions or disaster. Impact resistant windows offer 24/7 protection against storms, outside noise, UV rays and forced entry. The added bonus of lower energy costs and insurance premiums make impact windows the obvious choice for homeowners in Florida.
Energy Efficient Windows
EMS replacement windows provide substantial energy efficiency, durability and resistance from the elements. Because 80% of a window is made of glass there are substantial heating and cooling savings from improved glass performance.
- Our combination of UV-filtering Low-E Glass (LG), insulating argon gas and the Intercept™ Warm Edge Spacer System creates significant energy efficiency.
- Together they can cut the damaging effects of the sun, which can lead to faded carpets, curtains and furniture.
- In winter, a warmer glass temperature is maintained, increasing the R-value by an additional 104%.
- Reduces solar heat by 48% in summer
- Monthly utility bills will reflect savings year round – which should help make you even more comfortable 😉
How does Low-E Glass (LG) work?
Low-E glass filters long-wave radiation from the sun. This reduces solar heat gain from the sun in the summer… keeping your home cooler. Low-E glass takes on a new duty in winter months. It lets warm solar rays into your home… while blocking the heat in your home from getting out.
To contact a member of EMS, call us today at 888-255-4165 or click that button below to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Get Service Now